Things to see and to do
DIRECTION OF TOURISM
ANTICO PRINCIPATO DI SEBORGA
The Director of Tourism of Seborga is responsible for the Promotion, Marketing and Diffusion of Seborga outside of the Seborga's territory as well as for the co-ordination of Tourism within. It Also coordinate the different manifestation cultural, sportive and traditionals.
The cultural climate of the Old Principality Principality of Seborga which had developed particularly rapidly in the last 8 years with the encouragement of Prince Giorgio Ier. is one of the principal concerns of the Hon. Franco Fogliarini and of the Seborga Town Councellors, following the example of Monaco's H.S.H. Prince Rainier III, who is the friend of the greatest writers, painters and composers of his time.
In Seborga, the Cultural activities are paramount during the summer months and a schedule of events is available from the Seborga Tourism Office web page or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Painting exposition are organised four times a year by the "Consul" of the Prince Giorgio Ier., the HON. TRIQUET and under the patronnage of the HON. Walter Ferrari.
The Town Board is also encouraging local painters to show their work in the Antico Principato di Seborga
You may run down hill towards Bordighera or San Remo or Take a short drive to Menton, Monte Carlo, Monaco or even Nice, maybe you will just stop at Eze, Baulieu or Villefrance. The choice is there the choice is yours.
DINING OUT or enjoying a LUNCH on the beach is not all !!!!!!!!.Far from it...
Culture is always present.
In the Old Principality of Seborga there is always something happening, a Vernissage, a Vintage Car Concentration, The Ferrari Club, An International "Petanque" Contest, etc_. you name it!
You will easily be side by side with the Jets Set sipping a coffee and a Walnuts Pies - Aristocrat, Billionaires, Artist, Poetes, Idealists - coming from Monaco, San Remo, Cannes or Nice to relax and enjoy the purity of mind and nature, to "regenerate" his/her "batteries".
The VINTAGE CAR RALLY
of the MENTON AUTOMOBILE CLUB:
The Vintage Car Rally was in Seborga, host of the Mayor and the Municipal Council for a Wine of Honour which this year was held at the Taverna Templar Restaurant.
The Monte Carlo Opera: Since 1892 the Monte Carlo Opera has occupied the Garnier Hall, named after its architect who also designed the Paris Opera House. A hall with a wonderful past, where many works were produced for the first time, such as Richard Wagner's "Tristan and Isolde", in the French version, in 1893 and Maurice Ravel's "The Child and the Spells" in 1925. In all, forty-five lyrical works were first produced in Monte Carlo where the greatest artists came to sing in that golden age : Melba, Caruso, Chaliapin, Tito Schipa, Georges Thil and in our own day Ruggero Raimondi, Placido Domingo and Luciano Pavarotti.
It was also in the Garnier Hall that Monaco lived through the greatest hours in the history of the dance. Serge de Diaghilev, Nijinski, Serge Lifar and Ludmilla Tcherina are part of its history. They performed in décors, outstanding in themselves, created by Picasso, Derain and Dufy. "The Spectre of the Rose" was first produced in Monte Carlo in 1911 starring Nijinski.
Every year John Mordler, the Director of the Monte Carlo Opera House, presents a season of a rare quality consisting of four works, very often new productions. The productions of the Monte Carlo Opera House have always reached the greatest artistic heights, where 524 privileged people make up an audience in an extraordinary atmosphere and intimacy possessed by no other theater of international fame.
Here too, Jean-Marc Genestié and Jean-Christophe Maillot present in like manner the various performance of the Company which begin during the Christmas - New Year period, continue in March and April during the Springtime of the Arts festival, in mid-August and finish at the time of the National Holiday in November.
Between these fixed periods, the dancers go on tour abroad as before, to Japan, Italy, the United States and to Russia where their performances are warmly welcomed.
The Princess Grace Theater: This, the former Beaux-Arts theater first opened in 1936, had its hours of glory with Sacha Guitry, Elvire Popesco, Edith Piaf and Maurice Chevalier. Princess Grace designed the whole of the decoration of this hall which was inaugurated on 17th December 1981 with Edwige FeuillÅre, Valentina Cortese and Dirk Bogarde. Run by a committee whose president is H.S.H. Princess Stéphanie, under the direction of Patrick Hourdequin, the theater is now extremely popular with a very varied program where everyone can find something to satisfy him.
The Congress Centre - Auditorium: The flowering point of Art and Culture. With its terrace-roof of enameled lava created by Vasarely and the fitting in the Troparium of a Folon-designed carpet, "The Metamorphosis", woven at Aubusson in a single piece of 70 square meters, usable in many ways, the Congress Centre - Auditorium, facilitated the recording of symphony concerts, televised shows ... It is one of the finest halls in Europe where the Philharmonic Orchestra practices and gives its regular concerts from January to December with a move from mid-July to mid-August to the Court of Honor of the Prince's Palace. Capacity : 1100 people with an astonishing range of lighting and acoustics. The Monegasque Government is preparing an extraordinary extension of its reception facilities with the Cultural and Exhibition Center on the site of the old Centenary Hall. This Center will include an exhibition hall of about 4,700 square meters in area, an auditorium with 1,200 places, equipped as a show hall with exits at the sides and an orchestra pit (13 meters below the level of the sea), a recording studio and seven meeting rooms of varying capacities with the most up to date technical equipment.
The Fort Antoine Theater: Built between 1709 and 1713 - during the War of the Spanish Succession - on the headland of the Rock. Later, in the reign of Prince Charles III, it was surrounded by gardens. Rebuilt in 1954 at the behest of Prince Rainier III, as it had been partly destroyed in 1944, the old bastion is today an open-air cultural and artistic venue with a central stage, gardens facing the sea and capacity for 350 spectators.
Cosas Que Hacer/que Ver Transporte & Comunicacion Buscar Mesajes